Position: Client Sales Representative – Charleston, SC
Barter Brokers International (BBI) creates and facilitates a trading exchange among businesses in South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and New Jersey. BBI also participates in The Universal Currency and The International Barter Alliance. This provides a combined network of over 350 barter associates around the world. Through its affiliation with these networks, BBI has provided its members with local and national buyers and sellers for more than 22 years.
The inside sales and customer service liaison is responsible for increasing trade revenue with members by identifying and pursuing new trading opportunities while providing quality customer service.
- Generate trade transactions among member businesses through phone and email contacts.
- Follow up on leads and develop a working knowledge of accounts.
- Determine and recommend products to new and current customers to increase total average sales.
- Provide superior customer service and assist with related duties (processing trade transactions, confirming order logistics).
- Enhance sales by cross selling, up-selling and developing promotions for designated members.
- Become knowledgeable of member products and services, industry terminology and company operations.
- Educate businesses and prospects about procedures and benefits of being a member.
- Post and distribute digital newsletters, announcements and updates on social media.
- Provide support and work with outside sales representatives.
- Assist when necessary with out of office duties and functions as deemed necessary.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Build rapport and credibility among customers
- Manage a client base of member businesses
- Achieve sales and service goals
- Provide concise updates in the form of call reports, work plans and member recaps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills within an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Energetic, motivated self-starter with a proven track record of building sales and/or previous customer service experience.
- Proactive, able to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines including sales targets.
- Time-oriented and highly organized.
- Utilize CRM software to maintain pertinent account details including working knowledge of using digital and social media.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft applications, keyboard skills and sales entry software.
- Experience in sales/customer service related fields.
- Driver’s license and well maintained vehicle.
- Bachelors Degree.
Send cover letter and resume to: Bob Moquin, [email protected]